Recently, my company’s sharepoint administrator left her job and I was given the reins to sharepoint. Growing up with FaceBook, Myspace, and HTML knowledge, editing sharepoint became a piece of cake. It wasn’t until I was asked to edit our Document Library’s List Column that I ran into trouble. Editing the List Columns the traditional way by going into your Modify Site Settings didn’t seem to work so I found a workaround.
- Edit your document library in the datasheet (Excel)
- Right click the column you wish the change and choose edit
- Add in any settings you’d like
- Save and exit
I hope this helps!